Let's talk about Cannabis, Marijuana, Pot, Weed, Hooch, whatever you want to call it! If you don't know much about medicinal marijuana, aka CBD, then here is a (very) brief lesson...There are two components that have an affect on our body systems- CBD and THC.
CBD interacts with our CB2 receptors (endocrine & immune systems) and gives us incredible therapeutic benefits such as: pain relief, decreased inflammation, reduced anxiety, cancer prevention, nervous system support, seizure prevention, lowered insulation levels, cardiovascular health & much more!
THC is the controversial component that interacts with our CB1 receptors (brain & CNS) which is responsible for causing the "high" associated with marijuana.
What you may not be aware of, is that there is a THIRD type of cannabinoid, BCP (aka Copaiba). BCP is the long lost relative that we always hoped science would find! It was discovered as a cannabinoid in 2008. And while it's different from CBD it DIRECTLY affects the same CB2 receptors and is a much more concentrated form. To put things into perspective, and to show you how awesome & beneficial this oil is to us, keep reading...
- CBD derived from hemp has a 2-4% concentration.
- CBD deceived from cannabis/marijuana has a 5-35% concentration.
- doTERRA BCP (Copaiba) you ask?! A big fat whopping 60%!!! Yep!.... You read correct! 60% concentration!!
So what is Copaiba and where does it come from?
An exceptional addition to the resinous oils doTERRA offers, Copaiba is extracted from copaiba trees in the Amazon rainforest. The essential oil is collected through steam distillation. Copaiba is a unique blend of four different Copaifera species. The reason why doTERRA combines the four individual species is because it increases the therapeutic potential, potency, and diversity of the potency. doTERRA is the first company EVER to formulate their Copaiba oil using the 4 different species making it the highest concentrated cannabinoid available!! AND because it is NOT a cannabis derivative it will never show up on a drug test OR make you high. One thing I love about working with doTERRA and the constant research & learning is that essential oils are becoming more prevalent in today’s society because there is so much scientific backing on how essential oils benefit our minds & bodies. (Yep, I’m a science nerd!)
When taken internally, Copaiba possesses powerful antioxidant properties, promotes healthy cellular function, may help support immune function while supporting overall circulatory health, and may help support the health of the gastrointestinal tract and colon. Another ineresting experimental research study found that Copaiba taken internally may help to support uterine health and ease menstruation. It really is one of those amazing oils with many MANY benefits!
doTERRA sold more Copaiba in one month when it was released, than they projected for the entire year!
You can use DoTERRA’s Copaiba topically, aromatically and internally.
How to use Copaiba topically:
- Add 20 drops of Copaiba to a roller bottle and top off with Fractionated coconut oil. This is for adults – use more, if needed, for pain. This is a life saver for the muscular pain I get in my lower back or from working at the computer too long. It feels better in minutes! I recommend doTRRA’s fractionated coconut oil as a carrier for topical use and roller bottles. It is non-greasy and doesn’t stain.
- Apply topically combined with a carrier oil or a facial moisturizer to help keep skin clean and clear, and to help reduce the appearance of blemishes. I add a drop of this to my nightly serum made up of rose-hip oil, frankincense & lavender.
How to use Copaiba internally:
- Drop 1-2 drops under the tongue in the morning and evening. Hold under your tongue 20 seconds then follow with water
- Add 1 to 2 drops to water, juice, or tea daily or as needed
- Add 1-2 drops to an empty veggie capsule. You can also add a carrier oil like coconut, olive or avocado oil to the capsule (optional – makes it gentler on your stomach).
- Take internally to help soothe and calm the nervous system.
- Combine with Frankincense for daily use for optimal health.
How to use Copaiba aromatically:
- Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
- Aromatic use supports the immune system, is calming and promotes a restful night’s sleep.
- Copaiba combines well with: Lavender, Serenity blend, Frankincense, Lemon, Wild Orange, Fir oils, Cedarwood (hello sleep!) and many others. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
If you think this oil would be beneficial to you please get in touch! Or click HERE to purchase.
We run regular workshops on how to introduce essential oils into your life to help assist you with your emotional, physical & environmental wellbeing! Click HERE for further info on dates & times!
Is it safe to take copaiba if you are on blood thinners
Do you think that Copaiba oil taken internally would be effective for severe post Shingles Nerve pain?
What size roller bottle for 20 drops then top up with carrier oil?
How many times a day can you take internally in veggie cap
If you put it in veggie cap how often can you take Copaiba in 24 hr period??